Monday, January 12, 2009

Lead Glass Window

Windows set into the stone and brick facades of old churches and cathedrals provide a wealth of color and texture to make for interesting pictures. For Lead Glass Window, I masked out the white in the window more precisely than in the brickwork. It was then a straightforward matter of laying in the warm and cool colors to make up the brick and stone sections, respectively.

After peeling the masking fluid, I touched up the painting overall to reduce the stark separation betwen the warm and cool areas. Voila! Another ancient window that has been around for a few centuries and will probably still be there for another few.

Lead Glass Window, Watercolor on 140lb paper, 4"x6", $30 (unframed)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Atul, Beautiful! I love windows and doors!
    I'm sorry I haven't done the tag thing - your tagging me came when I had to fly out to Japan to visit my mom who went into the hospital. although I wasn't there long, being that it was the holidays I was hectic. I really appreciate you tagging me! I've been painting a whole new thing since around Christmas - always trying new things!
    Have a wonderful evening and happy painting!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete